Jogasaki Coast Walking Tour
Jogasaki Coast - Izu Peninsula
One of the best sight seeing spots in Japan, the Izu Peninsula’s Jogasaki Coast is part of the Fuji-Hakone-Izu National Park.
This leisurely tour includes about a 1 kilometer walk along a beautiful coastal trail with views of Sagami Bay and the Izu islands. History, native plants, geology, and ocean breezes make this our most popular tour.
About the tour
Our walk will begin near Boranaya, an ancient fishing hut built around 400 years ago. As we walk south along the Jogasaki Coast Picnical Course, we will learn about local history and culture, plants and wildlife, and see amazing views of the Sagami Bay and the Izu-Oshima islands.
We’ll get an up close look at the incredible lava formations from nearby Mt. Omuro that created this coastline 4,000 years ago.
At the end of the tour, we’ll discover examples of popular music and local folklore based on this famous coastal trail.
The Jogasaki Coastal walk is a truly unique Izu experience!
Times: Morning tour (9:30-12:00) | Afternoon tour (2:00-4:30pm)
Days: Thursday-Monday (closed Tuesday & Wednesday)
Cost: $125 per person (minimum 2 people, maximum 6 people per tour)
Difficulty: Easy to Moderate – there are stairs and rocky paths to navigate.
Not handicapped accessible: This is a rugged outdoor walk along rocky paths.
- Please make sure you have read and understand what the tour is about. Contact us with any questions.
- Check the calendar for available dates and times.
- Fill out and submit the reservation form.
- You’ll receive a confirmation and payment link.
- Please pay within 48 hours to reserve your requested time.
- You must pay in advance to join a tour. This is non-negotiable.
- Cancellation policy: We will refund 100% of your payment up to 5 days before the tour, 3-4 days – 50%, less than 48 hours – no refund.
Your guide will meet you at Izu Kogen train station. Turn right after you pass through the only exit, and walk out to the taxi stand.
Groups larger than 3 people will need to take a taxi and pay the taxi driver.
* Japanese law does not allow a private guide to include this price in a tour.
If you are coming by car, then we’ll meet at Boranaya:
837 Futo, Itō, Shizuoka 413-0231